Monday, April 27, 2009

"This book has really garnered my attention..."



Over the past 40 years, Dr. Oertelt frequently received letters from both students and teachers, alike. Here's excerpts from one he received recently from Daniel Moddes, a teacher at Pequot Lakes High School.

"Dear Mr. Oertelt,

I am currently reading An Unbroken Chain and I must say that it was really garnered my attention. As a history teacher, I often come by books dealing with the Holocaust, so when I checked out your book from the local library, I must admit that I was expecting the same basic, yet saddening information that one would come across in other books.

However, you write in a fashion that glues the personal with the factual; the emotional with the rational (or irrational, too.) Furthermore, your book is written in a fast flowing style that most students can comprehend, and that is to be congratulated. Students can visualize themselves in your shoes you define and explain key concepts succinctly, but effectively."

No comments:

Post a Comment